Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Turning my Open Educational Project into a collaborative one

Hello everyone!

In the last post, I showed you the prototype of my educational project. For this challenge it would be necessary for us to have a look to my latest post .Today, we will see how we can enrich our project.
In order to enrich it, we should make it collaborative. First of all, I want to explain to you what collaborative work means.  Cooperative and collaborative learning is a method of teaching and learning in which children team together to create a meaningful project. 
In order to make the project more collaborative, we will focus on three types of collaboration movements:
  • Collaboration in the classroom through cooperative learning.
  • Collaboration out of the classroom.
  • Collaboration back to the classroom.

So, I followed the previous steps about collaboration and I change my activities into the following ones:

·         Collaboration within the classroom

     In order to carry out activities that involve the collaboration and cooperation of the students, I have changed some of the activities that I had planned in the project. Some of the activities I planned were individual. As a result, I have changed these activities so that all tasks are collaborative. The number of students will depend on the activity to be carried out. They can work in small groups of three or four students, in pairs or even the whole class. The members of the groups will not always be the same; they will change and mingle with other groups.
Therefore, the students will carry out all the activities planned in each session in a collaborative way. The final mission will consist in the creation of a display in pairs of a vertebrate animal, indicating its main characteristics. Afterwards, each team will present  and share with their classmates their work.

·         Collaboration out of the classroom

To collaborate outside the classroom, the teacher will be in charge of forming small groups of different classrooms.
My students will be divided into pairs and each pair will join another pair from different classrooms.
Each group will have a several images with different types of vertebrates. They will have to classify each animal according to its characteristics (herbivores, omnivores, carnivores, viviparous, oviparous). Each group will have to share their opinions and thoughts and should classify each animal taking into account its characteristics.

·         Collaboration back to the classroom

Throughout the activities and task that students have done, they have to reflect on what they have learned. For that, in pairs, students will have to decide what activity they liked most and explain the reason. After exchanging their opinions, in pairs, they should share with the world their knowledge about vertebrates. To do this, each pair will write in the collaborative blog showing the final work they have done and also sharing the Knowledge and information that they have learned throughout the sessions. In this way, they can share with their peers, teachers, and parents the work that they have done and the knowledge that they have acquired.

I created a flyer to summarize the change of my educational project. Here you have it:


I have also made my visual metaphor
Vertebrate animal de samia saidi

Procedure:

Before the challenge, I had to do some research. In addition, I also read information about cooperative and collaborative learning and how to create a collaborative project.
After reading all the information about this topic, I have created a visual metaphor to summarize the three types of collaborative movements that I will use in my project. For this, I saw different pages, but in the end I chose an application that is called Smore and I also used another one that is called Canva to create my visual metaphor.
After creating my visual metaphor, I wrote the article in the blog with the purpose of explaining and showing you the transformation of my project prototype into a collaborative project.

Self-reflection:

From my point of view, this task has been very useful, since it has encouraged me to carry out some research on collaborative learning. Through this task, I have realized the importance of collaborative work in the teaching-learning process of the student. This challenge gave me the opportunity to learn how to enrich my educational project by turning it into a collaborative one.
On the other hand, this challenge has made me think again in the planning of my project and it encouraged me to learn more about collaborative learning.



 I hope you like the way I've tried to enrich my educational project!

No comments:

Post a Comment