Prototype your Open CLIL Educational Digital project
In my previous post, I have analised an interesting educational project. Now, I think it is time for us to create our own project by ourserlves.
To begin, I´m going to show you a template that can help you to develop your own educational project.
Fisrt of all, I write this post to show you just a prototype of my educational project that I have created following a specific steps. For this, I want you to see a brief introduction of my project that I made through an animated video.
Below, you can see the template that I have used to design the prototype of my own educational project. The content that is focused on the animal kingdom and the project is created for second grade of primary education.
As you can see, the template contains all the information about my project in a structured and organized way. Through this template, I could make a summary and a fisrt outline of how I want my educational project to be. As I said before, it is a small outline of my project, which will help me organize the final project. Therefore, the information is given is not so developed at all, since I want to highlight and mention just the most important things of my project.
Apart from the choice of the content and level, I also have to specify the following sections that we can find in the template:
- The number of sessions of your project.
- The areas that you will teach through your project.
- Aims or objectives of your project, including 4Cs of CLIL.
- Key competences.
- Assesment criteria.
- Skills that you are going to developed through the project.
- The setting of the sessions.
- The resources that you are going to use.
- The final outcome of the project.
With regard to the methodology of my project, it is focused on the use of ICT and the development of a meaningful interaction between teacher and student.The activities that will be carried out during the sessions, will be individual and in small groups as well as the whole class.
Through different activities students will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with their peers. In this way, each student can exchange their ideas and opinios and learn from each other.
In addition, through the sessions that I have structured, students also have the opportunity to play, inbestigate, analyze and observe in a meaningful and interactive way. All sessions are connected to each other, and are based on a basic content and vocabulary that will improve during the lessons.
Therefore, the vocabulary and content of the lesson, increases as they do the activities.
As I said before, this project is based on a interactive learning. The student could learn the content and acquire the English language in a funny and meaningful way.
This project is also focused on the development of 4 C´s. For that reason, in the template I have explained in detail what content I want the students to learn during the sessions. A part from that, the development of communicative skills is also essential in this project. In addition to this, I would like to stress that through the sessions, tecaher will develop student´s cognitive skills by using High Order Thinking Skills and Low Order Thinking Skills.
Finally, students will show to their family and peers their achievementes. To do that, I think it is important for teacher to create a Blog to show student´s work. In this way children will value their own work, as it is the result of what they have learned.
To sum up, I summarize my prototype of my own educational project by creating an animated video. In this video, I tried to give the main point of my project.
Prototype of an Educational Project from samia on Vimeo.
The process of analysis
First of all, in order to post the content on my blog, I had to fill in the template that I shared with you through Issuu. The template was filled with the main points of my educational project. After filling my template, I decided to make a short video giving a brief introduction of my project. While deciding which application to use, I found one application that is a useful resource, called Tellegami. However, I couldn´t record more than 30 second. This is the reason why a used it just for a brief introduction of my project.
After that, I found another application in which I could explain more deeply my educational project through an animated video. This application is called Powtoon.
Finally, in order to share the video that I have created on my blog, I used another application: Vimeo.
Self-reflection
As a personal reflection, I would like to stress that there is a plenty of useful resources that we can use in teaching. Through this new challenge, I have discovered new applications that I hadn´t used before. In addition, I have had the opportunity to take into account several applications and I could take advantage of these applications and use them in my post.
Furthermore, I also learned many things related to the creation and design of my educational project.
To conlude, I would like to say that by doing this work, I have learned to use a great applications that are very useful for teaching and showing the contents in a interactive and meaningful way.
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Hi Samia! Your educational project based on the animals is so well planned and I love the idea of integrate music and art appart from natural science, the students will thank you the fact that you introduce those subject in the unit as well. The assessment will be made through observation and also with a rubric, the idea of evaluate the students every day and not the last and with an exam is ideal. You are an ace ;)
ReplyDelete