Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Partner search

Hello everyone!
To continue enriching my project, my next goal is to be part of another collaborative project. For this, I searched on the net for some of them such as The other Kids EDU, InfoEDUgrafias, Tertulias con sabor achocolate, The Twima project and No me cuentes historias,dibújame.
All of them are very interesting. However, I need one that fits with my educational project. Therefore, I have decided to join InfoEDUgrafias.

It is an open collaborative project that allows the participation of any teacher of different educational levels. One of the reasons I chose this site is because the project is focused on the creation of infographies or posters by children. I believe that the visual resources are very enriching in the learning of the student, since it facilitates the learning of a content in a more visual and effective way. The final mission of my educational project will be the creation of a poster that reflects the main characteristics of the vertebrate animal that student has been chosen. These posters can be enriched with ICT tools, so I think this site can be very useful for my educational project.

Another reason that has made me choose this project is that they base their project on learning the following strategies:

  • Discriminate information
  • Organize information visually so that learning is more effective.
  • Transmitting discriminated and organized information.



In order to make the video, I had written a draft of my pitch trhough Google docs. You can click on the link to see it : Script of my elevator pitch.

I would like to share my educational project with other teachers, as it is a way to improve my teaching and learn from others. After analyzing each collaborative project in depth and choosing one of them, I have created an elevator pitch, with the aim of accepting me as a new partner.
Elevator pitch it is an enterprise technique to find financial support for a project in 20 seconds. I have used this tool to explain the reasons why I want to be part of that educational community.

How can we do an elevator pitch?

In order to do an elevator pitch you need to have a draft of what you want to share or explain. This is quite difficult, because you have to explain it just in 20 seconds.
So, in your elevator pitch you have to follow these steps:


  • Hook: You have to get your audience's interest and explain your idea.
  • Problem: define the specific problem, need or cause you are concerned about.
  • Solution: How you are going to solve that problem.
  • Close: Tell what achieving that goal will mean to you.



Self-reflection

First of all I am very excited to have the opportunity to be part of the educational community that I have chosen. It seems to me a very effective way of collaborating in the educational field, since it can help me improve in my teaching.

On the other hand, when performing the elevator pitch, it has been very difficult to do so in such a short time, since it is very difficult to summarize everything in 20 seconds. As with every challenge, I have learned to use another interesting application to upload and edit my video. This application is called Wevideo.
From my point of view, I consider that this challenge has been a great opportunity to know different collaborative projects and I consider that these projects are a way to grow and to learn professionally in the educational field. 
See you soon !!



No comments:

Post a Comment