Turning a flat activity into a super learning mission! Part 2
Hello again!
I hope you liked my previous post related to the transformation of flat activities in missions. As I said in the previous blog, I have created two different missions. If you haven´t seen it, go to my previous post. Today, I'm going to explain how I performed the second mission. This second mission has been created to show you again how we can transform a flat activity into a super learning mission.
This second mission is quite different from the previous one, because children will learn how to create a presentation by using several images or slides. The flat activity consist of the creation of a display of a vertebrate animal indicating its main characteristics. However, I would prefer to do it more attractive and motivating by using some digital artifacts.
Therefore, this mission consists in the creation of a presentation of a specific vertebrate animal. This mission is called "My vertebrate animal" and students will choose the vertebrate they like and they will have to explain the main characteristics of that vertebrate animal and explain what makes that animal different from the rest of the vertebrates.
- See the characteristics that make animals different from each other.
- Learn quite a lot of specific vocabulary related to animals’ physical appearance.
- Deal with the quantity of new vocabulary and concepts, through colourful images.
- Review animal behaviour, what they eat, and their habitat.
- Explains the characteristics of the different groups of vertebrate animals.
- Classifies animals according to what they eat: omnivores, carnivores and herbivores.
- Identifies some animals from each of these groups.
- Look for, selects and organizers concrete and relevant information; analyses, reaches conclusions, communicates the results; reflects on the process and communicates information orally and in writing.
- Consults and uses written documents, images and graphs.
- Begins to show autonomy in the planning and carrying out of actions and tasks and begins to take the initiative when taking decisions.
- Uses the correct vocabulary according to the content block.
- Learn how to use some ICT tools and digital artifacts.
- Work collaboratively.
- In order to create our infographic of vertebrate animals we can use several applications such us Canva , Piktochart, Easel.ly, Infogr.am or Visme.
- Blog of the class, where the children upload their videos.
This mission allows student to:
- Learn to process information
- learn how to organize information visually
- Enhance the assimilation of concepts
- Make the transmission of information in a more attractive way.
Here, I bring you a sample of the presentation that children have to create in this mission:
My vertebrate animal de samia saidi
My vertebrate animal de samia saidi
On the other hand, I would like to mention that this mission is aligned with InfoEDUgrafias, which is the collaborative project to which I would be delighted to collaborate and participate with, because as in the case of infoedugrafias, one of the fundamental objectives of my project is the learning of a specific curricular subject using visual resources.
Self- reflection
After completing my last two post, I realized the great importance of the use of ICT tools in teaching a content. These resources allow us to carry out activities in a more organized, clear and visual way for the learning of certain contents. In addition, these resources enhance the acquisition and learning of the content that you want to learn in a more easy and motivating way.
On the other hand, doing this post, I have become familiar with many applications that at first I dind´t Know.What I have learned during these challenges is the need to create missions or activities that help and facilitate the learning process of kids.
I hope you liked my post!
See you soon
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Samia! Doing a presentation is a fantastic idea. I also include it in my project because I think through this mission children can learn a lot together, which is fantastic!! Furthermore, your objectives are perfectly aligned with the level of students. In the first mission you let students to create a poster that I love. So you have also related the super learning missions with the collaborative project you want to work with.
ReplyDeleteAll in all, good job!!